Tricon Timber began in 1985 with a mill located in Afton Wyoming. In 1988 another mill was acquired in Drummond Montana and our current location began construction in 1989. In 1993 the Afton and Drummond mills where sold and dismantled. The St. Regis mill was built under the premise of small log utilization. This location was picked due to the availability of timber that was regenerated from the 1910 fire. Most of the timber targeted was the Lodge Pole Pine regeneration from the fire. In the late 80’s and early 90’s most mills in the region considered this species and size as undesirable and was easily acquired. St. Regis was built to produce 12 MMBF annually. Tricon has updated and revamped many times over the years and with a recent $10,000,000 renovation we have reached production levels of almost ten times the original target. With these renovations we are also able to produce up to 4 meter lengths, a length which gives Tricon better access to export markets. Tricon has developed rail reloads throughout the state with locations in Trout Creek, Helena, Livingston, Laurel and Huntley. The prime objective was to access the dead and dying timber that is a direct result from the mountain pine beetle epidemic. This low grade timber is primarily used for form boards in Asian markets. In 48 months Tricon shipped over 36 million metric meters of lumber oversees. With the export market weakening Tricon looked to the domestic market for sustainability. In 2014 $6,000,000 was invested into the planer increasing production capacity close to 500,000 mbf per shift. Tricon has been at the forefront of Stewardship and forest restoration in Western Montana creating access to a sustainable and renewable recourse while reducing forest fire fuel which has plagued our country in recent years. Just like our forests, we are always moving forward to a healthier and more prosperous future for our employees, community, and company.